Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Raya Spirit

So everybody is in raya mood already, eh?

Well, I'm not quite. This year raya I'm no longer busy with shopping for raya clothes nor preparing duit raya angpau. This year also I don't have to plan for balik kampung trip, calculating number of days I could take as raya leave.

This year is the first raya I'm going to celebrate away from my extended families and the first time celebrating it abroad. I'm sure it must be very festive back in Malaysia for raya is just less than a week away to be celebrated. There must be raya songs being aired everywhere!

Here in Germany, there's not much excitement about raya coming soon. And to uplift the spirit, Liza the host has suggested we make some raya cookies. And we did! So far we have made 5 different cookies. Not bad eh?

Trainees in action...hehehe

Sarang semut cookies. Notice there are 2 different colours?
The first batch was a bit burnt...hahaha

This kuih karipap of course is not part of raya cookies but still will be served during raya. We made a lot, about 80 pieces. We even baked them for a while to preserve the shape.

Tat nenas bunga yg sgt menarik pembuatannya

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah..kak neny buat kuih ke..
smgt ye...cntik nye tat nenas 2...
bru ingt nk buat..tp mlas hehe..
jles nye...kuih 2 cntik...
nnti blik bleh la ajr eh...
salam aidilfitri dri kmi skluarga..
sincerely,
adik..

Anonymous said...

wah..kak neny buat kuih ke..
smgt ye...cntik nye tat nenas 2...
bru ingt nk buat..tp mlas hehe..
jles nye...kuih 2 cntik...
nnti blik bleh la ajr eh...
salam aidilfitri dri kmi skluarga..
sincerely,
adik..

Anonymous said...

karipap inti sadin ke? cam sedap jer... selamat hari raya utk ko n mat ju..

Zara in Germany said...

wow...nak makan!!! anyway neny, selamat hari raya n maaf zahir batin