Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

English Playgroup - The Last Session

The English Playgroup has ended.

The last session was the day I found out the bad news of my pregnancy. I was thinking of not going at first as I was a bit depressed and we were considering to go to the hospital on the day itself.

But then the last session was the important session not to miss. We, mommies had arranged weeks before that we were going to do gift exchange for our children on the last day and baking cookies. If I were not going, one kid will not be getting her gift and I had also promised I would be bringing decorations for the cookies. So it´s not nice not to go. Besides, though I was having health problem at the time, I already checked with my gynae whether it was ok to wait for another day before I go to the hospital, and she said yes.

We had fun that day. We had the baking session in the centre´s big kitchen and it went well. My twins enjoyed it very much. They insisted to do everything on theirown from beginning and became annoyed when I tried to help. Hmmm....

Twins and me...

Look at Lil´Chalise and her obsession with rolling!

Gaby, Celina & Hisae

Baking end result!

Later, when we were done with baking and cleaning up, surprisingly, Maha (our playgroup teacher) had arranged for a friend of her, dressed up in Santa Claus costume, came into the kitchen, ringing a bell and carrying a big bag of presents ( we, mommies had gathered our presents before we began with the activities). The children were excited to see that they were going to get present. Unfortunately, the mommy who supposed to give present to Nabilah, forgot to bring hers. And Nabilah were upset to see that she only got an envelope instead a nice-wrapped present like the others. The envelope though contained some money as a replacement for the missing present and the mommy apologized profusely to me for her mistake. Luckily, it was easy to explain to Nabilah why she was not getting the present as the rest of her friend and she was willing to share with Nabihah (Nabihah got a set of beads and accessories).

Gaby and her daughter, Lauren...present was from me...I bought her a small-sized keyboard

Nabihah and her present

I enjoyed being in this playgroup. Most of the ladies are nice and friendly. During the dinner session with the mommies, a week earlier, I told them that I might be pregnant, and when they asked whether I´ve seen a doctor, I had to break the bad news. And they were very concern and sympathized. Gaby, the Aussie was nearly on tears. It touched me...

The last session ended longer than usual. We, mommies hugged and said goodbye to each other. Darshana, the mommy from India, will be going back to her country for good in the end of December. The rest said though the playgroup is over for this year, they are still looking forward to hang out together just for fun.

Maha said she will continue with the same group on next February and I am most welcomed to join which I´m not sure about it yet. Reason being, the twins are now in kindergarten and cik HB thinks it´s quite tiring for them to attend both, although playgroup is only being held once a week. The last two sessions, we went to playgroup right after their kindergarten time. I had to feed them lunch on the train and they fell asleep throughout the journey.

But the twins do enjoy this playgroup and it´s an opportunity for them to learn English. It´s considerably cheap too. Roughly around €50 for 17 sessions.

I don´t know....I told Maha I´ll think about it.

0 comments: