Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Exercise V.S Housechores

My previous usual routines when I came house from work would be tending the never-ending house chores business.

Normally I arrive home around 5.30 to 6pm. It would start from the moment I park the car, I would sweep the porch and water the plants. Then bring in the many bags to the house. Then to the fridge and take out ingredients to cook for dinner. Then to the laundry area at the back and bring in the dried clothes, or hanging the washed clothes which left in the morning to be washed by the washing machine, or put in the next batch of dirty laundry into the washing machine to be washed.

Then perform Asar prayer. Then into the kitchen and start preparing dinner. By 7 or 7.30pm, it's dinner time and afterwards perform Maghrib prayer, recite Al-Quran and then perform Isyak prayer. And after Isyak, the next task would be dish-washing and cleaning the kitchen, then fold the dried clothes and if there's a new batch of laundry done with washing, then of course it needs to be hung. 

By 10pm, I am already exhausted but still need to read books to Insyirah.

Now having exercise to be included in daily schedule, I cook dinner meals in the morning and try to have the kitchen cleaned up also in the morning.

Back from home, first thing to do is toperform Asar prayer (yes, you should put priority to perform prayers first!!! above anything else!), then do the exercise. Just ignore the long list of house chores to do. Otherwise, I won't have time to do it later on the day and chances are I'm not going to do it all.

Believe me, it takes all the struggles to make me exercise!!!

I need to remind myself, house chores would never end. Kids would be making mess, they need to be fed, clothed, entertained, yada..yada...continuously.

But I need to love myself too. I need to embed in my head that exercise is part of loving myself and by taking care me, I would be able to take care others.

So make time for exercise just as you make time for other things. It doesn't matter if you don't cook 5-star menu for dinner, or your house is not in perfect order all the time. 




0 comments: