Remember my previous post about my twins' sleeping arrangement?
Well, one of the comments I've received from a friend, is to refer to the Supernanny series so I searched in Youtube. And there it is, an episode that really mimics my situation, a family having twins girls and also having sleeping issue. Here is the video:
Well, one of the comments I've received from a friend, is to refer to the Supernanny series so I searched in Youtube. And there it is, an episode that really mimics my situation, a family having twins girls and also having sleeping issue. Here is the video:
So we've been trying the technique for the past 4 days. The first 3 days, there was no problem at all putting them to sleep at bedtime. Since they hardly take nap during daytime, they get sleepy around 7-8 pm so when I put them to sleep at 8, they doze off quite fast. Sometime they even fall asleep while I was still reading to them. The first night, Nabilah still woke up in the middle of night and searched for me. This time around, it was cik HB taking in charge (because he stays up late at nights) and I was summoned to stay in my bed. It was difficult to refrain myself going to her because she cried so hard but I had to. She fell asleep after sometime.
The next morning, we praised them for their achievement sleeping on their own. But when we told them that it is going to be permanent thing, they started crying and objected. We had to explain in the best way possible.
2nd night: No trouble putting them to sleep at bedtime. According to cik HB, Nabilah again woke up in the middle of the night, without crying! But she tried many things to make cik HB send me to her like asking for various things and finally when everything didn't work with her father, she said she just wanted to see me. So cik HB let her in to our bedroom and after she checked on me she went back to her room and slept. Oh! Poor thing.....
3rd night: We had some friends coming for dinner so the twins went to bed later than usual. But they were fast asleep the moment I put them to bed. Nabilah still woke up at night but just for a short while. No whining what so ever. She only asked for water.
4th night: Well, well....as I'm writing this post, it's the 4th night and the worst ever so far. Nabilah had been crying for an hour now because she refuses to sleep and she insists that I sleep with her. I guess because she had taken nap today for almost 2 hours (she slept with me in the afternoon as I had headache), so she's not that sleepy. I've lost count how many times for the past one hour that I keep sending her back to her room. Nabihah has been sleeping so soundly and I hope her sleep will not be interrupted by her crying twin. I'm on the verge to give up now but I must remember the keyword: CONSISTENCY.
Hopefully the following nights would be smooth and I am strong to do this....
4 comments:
be strong kak neny! hehehe, at least for now, ikut cara supernanny tu menjadik jugak la ngan aina ni.. dh boleh mendengar kata!
heheheeh...my vote still for nabihah yg cute...cayalah dia tak nangis....heheheh
Tu la, akak pon now dok tgk Supernanny kat Youtube. Best! X sabar nak jumpa ainaa, cepat la dtg raunheim. Kakak2 ni nak jumpa dia jugak.
Are-T: Wah, ko ni dah mcm membuat competition utk anak2 aku. Hmm...Nabihah mmg kurang songeh sikit tp at times buat perangai jugak.
Nenny.. supernenny memang best. Aku siap download siap2 nak tengok kat malaysia. Sekarang tak sempat tengok dan belum releven lagi heheh.
BTW cerita pasal material in english untuk homeschooling. Kat sini byk sgt material/buku / smart computer/leap pad yg boleh dapat kat carboot dg harga murah. Aku boleh tolong carikan + pos. Cuma tak tau berapa posting post.
Kalau kau berminat kau email aku yer. Aku OK jer nak tolong sebab memang pi carboot almost everyweek. Kalau ko tak nak pun OK jer heheh.
Post a Comment