
source from HERE
I just watched Inception - a highly intellectual and complex movie I would say but very entertaining and challenges your thinking. No wonder lots of people recommending this movie. Leonardo di Caprio again is a great actor - just like what he was in "Catch Me if You Can" and "Blood Diamond". Cik HB said he just can´t forget image of Leonardo as Jack in "Titanic". Muka jiwang sgt katanya....hahaha. Well, that was like 12 years ago, he was in his early 20´s i guess...now he´s much better than that.
Ok, i´m not going to talk about Leonardo - hot looking people is no longer a priority for me when I choose a movie. It´s more the story line and the acting skills that matter!
Inception is a story about a group of people stealing information from people´s sub-conscious mind (sleeping/sedated) through dreams. I´m not going to go into details of this movie, you can always read about the movie from Wiki.
I just want to make a review based on my own perspective. The way I understand the movie. It was really difficult to understand the whole situation at the beginning of this movie and you have to really concentrate in order to understand. And some more with the scientific vocabularies and what not, I made cik HB downloaded the English subtitles so I can follow the story much better (well, I´m not a native English speaker, some US/British accents may sound alien to me!) . The word like espionage is a new vocab I learned from this movie.
The main character - Dominic Cobb is the one who led the operation but he had a dark secret that haunted him and affected his job - the memory of his dead wife, Mal . Towards the end of the movie, Dom confronted the memory of his wife and revealed why the wife is dead. It appeared that they once had been trapped in a dream which made them in a state of limbo they lived for so long, and they only escaped the dream by planning their death. Mal, spending so much time in dreams (she and Dom were experts in sub-conscious field), can´t differentiate life between real and dreams that one day she decided to commit suicide because she thought her real life is a dream.
Cik HB said this movie is unreal. That you be in someone´s dream and you actually create the dreams and some more with three-layer dreams and you actually can die in real world when you die in your dream (when you are on sedative). Well, it´s not impossible. There are a lot of studies, researches made to understand human complexities -physical and mental. And knowledge is so wide, only Allah s.w.t knows everything. So yes, anything is possible.
Like I said to cik HB last night, after watching
"do you think people who lived 100 years ago might have thought that it´s possible to communicate with people who lived thousands km away with audio and video visual on real time?"
And you know the answer!
Science is magnificent but we know what is more magnificent.... Do research and study all the science aspects but it´s all to remind us what is more powerful above all - ALLAH. sw.t - the ONE who creates everything - the things we know and don´t!
So if you are looking for some mind-pondering movies, watch this movie. It´s kind of heavy and the ending is tricky because they let you think whether Dom has came back to reality or still dreaming but I find it so entertaining.
2 comments:
yup!!!
challenging..tp sgt best..
dh tgk shutter island??
best jugeee :)
br tgk k.neny.. sungguh xpaham..
Post a Comment