Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

Extreme Weight Loss & Personal Target

Losing weight is never easy for me..

So I always look for motivations...and I came across Extreme Makeover Weightloss Edition in Youtube. It is an ABC channel's reality TV programme, hosted by Chris Powell, a celebrity fitness guru in US. Mcm Kevin Zahri kat Malaysia la kiranya. Rancangan ini target untuk membantu morbid-obese people to lose about half of their body weight in 1 year time, with natural method, i.e: changing your eating habit and  do exercise. No magic pills involved but a plastic surgery would get involved after 9 months to help with the sagging skins. 

What I like about this show, the people in the show has variety of backgrounds, characters, etc. So Chris would tailor their weight loss programme based on what they need.

I am more attracted on cases of working mothers, because that's what I am. Being a working mother or even stay-at-home mother, the challenge is to find time to do exercise.

So one of the case, is a mother who works as a nurse, with three-teenage kids, a mother who stays with her. 

You can watch her video here:


In this case, Trina admitted that she's an emotional eater. She is so busy juggling her responsibilities at home and at work that she ends up being stressed and tired and turn to food for comfort. Plus, her mother likes to condemn her and that's makes her upset and again, foods is her comfort. 

So during the programme, there were times she gave up eating well and doing exercise because it's so hard due to her so much responsibilities. 

But Chris Powell reminded her that if she didn't give priority to take care herself, then she might ended up being ill and things would be even worse. 

Good thing is, Trina managed to lose about half of her original weight. 
From 290lbs (132kg) to 145lbs (67kg)!

Impressive kan?

I think I am like Trina....I would eat more when I am stressed and tired. I always give excuse of not doing exercise because I have so much to do.

Being healthy is a choice and it takes effort to make it work. So ask yourself what is your priority and work it out.

Anyway, I noticed that even though I want to lose weight so much, I didn't put any target time to achieve the weight I want. 

So I am doing it now: I want to be at 62kg on my 36th birthday!

I still have about 12 weeks until that time. Losing 8kg shouldn't be that hard in 3 months time, huh?

Hopefully!!!

So check-out my food pack for today:


I had scrambled egg yg dicampur tuna dalam tin dan dimakan bersama cherry tomato n salad. Sup sayur yg ada cendawan enoki, sawi, tauhu goreng dan tofu jepun for lunch. Dan mixed nuts for snacking.

And I did 30-mins pilates yesterday *giving pat on my shoulder :)))

0 comments: