Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Desperate Housewife?

No, no...I'm not talking about the tv series.


I'm talking about me being a housewife now. A new career I've ventured since 6 months ago....and how I have realized now that being housewife is not that easy.


While I was working, I longed to be at home full time, spending time with my kids, having my house in organized manner and super clean, foods are home-made (we used to eating out that time), gardening, you know... like Bree Van de Kamp of Desperate Housewives.


Now I am a housewife but I'm not exactly of the housewife type I thought I would be.


Yeap, I clean, I cook, I wash routinely but it is just never ending task. The living hall is neat in probably half an hour after cleaning....then it'll mess up again. The laundry basket is full all the time, though I do laundry every two days. The sink probably is shining for a day, then it'll always full with dirty plates and cups. Not to mention the never-ending demands of the two girls asking for various things.


And I haven't start any home-schooling with the girls......


Basically the thought that by becoming a housewife I would have more leisure time, is definitely NOT true, ok!


Most of the time, by the end of the day, I'm feeling so exhausted.


My friend has complained how seldom she sees me on YM or even if YM shows I'm online, I'm not exactly online.


Last week, I tried baking chocolate cake, I ended up having the batter thrown. It happened TWICE! I didn't know why, it's the same recipe I've done in Malaysia, but it just didn't work out. I almost gave on baking but on last Sunday, I made the third attempt using another recipe I got from Internet and thank God, it came out ok! I'm just grateful it turned out ok or I would definitely think that I'm a loser.


What does it take to be a Martha Stewart?

6 comments:

areT said...

besarnyer bathrobe twins tu..sapa punya, kau dan matju ke..heheh

ayin1911 said...

Hi Dear..

nobody says it's going to be easy..
dun worry..u r doing a good job & a noble one...
ur kids & husband will appreciate it very much..
(like i appreciated my mom..)

p/s: dun feel bad..go BREE VAN DE KAMP!!u can do it!!

Anonymous said...

:D
1.all the besh...
2.mmg kerja rumah takkan abih..tu sbb pelik bila org kata sapa yg dok rumah tak penat..konpius...
3.make it as hobby...mesti mcm tak sabar nak masak..n nak kemas rumah... :P

nde said...

hehe.. tu sbb ramai working woman akan kata opis la tempat bleh berehat... sbb kat rumah mmg akan lagi penat melayan budak2.. tapi penat2 pun seronot... dpd mengadap keja opis, penat tapi tak seronott... huhu.... *ke aku sorg je yg tak seronot buat keja2 opis yg melambak nih...??*

Neny said...

Are-T: Xde la besar mana sgt bathrobe tu...besar sikit aje utk cater as long as boley pakai, maklum la kempen berjimat cermat....hehehe

Ayin: Thanx a lot for the motivating comments. :))

Cahya: Hobi apanya kalau x berenti2kemas rumah. Tp x baik merungut kan, i will take it positively from now on.

Nde: Tu la, dulu time keje, ari2 boleh blogging tho sibuk ngan keje...hehehe. Ni baru je nak ngadap laptop, makcik 2 org tu dengki aje...time tu la nak mcm2. Sudahnya hilang mood aku.

Yg bestnya x keje ni no need to answer to anybody. Kalu malas nak buat keje rumah, biar je la dulu. Kalau keje opis, mati kena hamuk ngan bos...hahahah. Tp kalau biar keje rumah melambak, sendiri la tensen....

Anonymous said...

aku memang tak boleh nak duduk rumah lama2. tapi kalau dah lama tak duduk rumah, rasa nak duduk saja pulak. hahahahahaha.

tapi bab jadik housewife fully tu, aku memang gagal. last time berpantang, aku survive 14 days je cooped up in the house before aku start keluar merayau. (masa tu ada maid)