Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Of Negative Feelings

Of late I have noticed I don't really have shield over negative feelings. I am easily annoyed over small issues; people unpleasant remarks, don't get domestic help (guess who's to blame?), the twins's tantrums, failed recipes.....
Hmm...am I getting cranky?
Of course when I'm annoyed, it doesn't mean I will throw a tantrum as well (like hempas brg2 or membebel yg bukan2) , but it does affect my mood and mind. And that surely is not good for one's health, right?
Take for an example; there's one guy in my Deutsch course (a Turkish to be exact) who always make fun of me whenever I speak in Deutsch. I don't understand why he teases me when he himself is not good enough in Deutsch. Just because you are popular in the class, it doesn't mean you get the credit to make fun of other people, you turkey! (please understand correctly: Cambridge Dictionaries define 'turkey' as a stupid or silly person, not because he's from Turkey!)
And his female companion, who also thinks she's the best in the class because she speaks fluent Deutsch compared to others (yeah, she's been living in Deutschland for more than 10 years, but only now she takes up the course) made a comment that although I'm quite good in writing and grammar lesson (yep, I'm not bragging but Lukas had said the same thing in the class) I couldn't speak the right accent of Deutsch. I was dumbfounded....if only I could talk back in Deutsch. Too bad these two turkeys can't understand English, otherwise I would slash back at them.....but that would make me equally stupid, huh?
The scene had bothered me for the rest of the day and caused the lack of my attention to the lesson. I know theoretically I should have just ignored what they have said. As a long as I know what I have achieved and want to achive, I shouldn't be bothered, right? But I failed to do just that....
To other Turkish, if you happen to read this, please don't get annoyed with the above writings ok! I don't mean to be racist, I know there are other good Turkish out there and this kind of behaviour doesn't mark by the race or the citizen.
I guess I should learn from this quote:
"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense."
–– Ralph Waldo Emerson
It's good to be positive, eh?

9 comments:

areT said...

mmm...how should i say..ala neny, kau buat tak tau je lah kat mamat turki ni, tak semestinya kalau kita tau satu benda,kita tau semuanya kan???come on la...ilmu Allah tu luas..yg kita ada ni setitis dr lautan ilmu Allah....so x payah nak balagak2 ni kan...

areT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nde said...

kelaka pulak aku baca.. dah tua2 pun perangai mcm budak tadika eh... hehe... ignore je... and yes, it does make you equally stupid kalau dialayan... hehe.....

or maybe its their culture..maybe they didnt mean to make fun of anybody, maybe the way the're expressing their thoughts just doesnt seem pleasant to our ears... never met any turkish so far.. but penah deal ngan Russian... cara diorg ckp mmg irritating & bleh begaduh gak la... but after been explained its THEIR way talking like that... baru la ok sket rasa....

eh terpanjang plak komen aku.. hehe

Adah said...

Just slash them back in English la..hahahah..!Biar diorang tau

'I guess the only way u guys can feel good about urself by making fun of others kan? boleh blah la'

hehehe..

Ummu Ainaa said...

As if the Turkish get a good accent too.. forget it.. there's no better man than the one who follows God. They are just trying to dampen out your mood. you are a wonderful mother and person, k. Neny and don't let others make you think that you are less than a person you are right now. Be happy!

umi sophea said...

nenny,, jadikan si turkey tu satu motivation.. mak aku ckp,, lidah melayulah senang nak lentur... take your time,, mesti bleh buat nye..

Anonymous said...

ooo...depa buli akak time org tak der yer...
nnt org pi....kita belasah depa dlm bahasa melayu.... :P
hidup kak neny!!

durra abd razak @ kocikin... said...

ko buat derk jer...ada masa..ignorance is a bless...sambil2 tu..ko pulun laa...smpai waktu ko dh expert...ko 'basuh' laa diorng cukup..amacam?? ok dak saranan aku :)

Neny said...

Hish...konpius aku...rasanya smlm aku dah reply komen2 suma, nape x boleh hilang pulak?

Anyway thanks pd semua yg mengomen. Sgt memberikan aku semangat. Let's go towards positive attitude ok!