Last Monday, I received a call from my friend, Maha - the playgroup teacher, saying that the English Playgroup she had planned for age group 4-6 years, which shall include the twins - unfortunately had to be called off. Reason being, she couldn't get enough participants, therefore her boss said there's no way she could proceed now. The programme shall be introduced again in February next year.
However, Maha felt sorry for the twins for not being able to join the playgroup so she asked me whether I'm interested to join another playgroup which involves children from age 2-3 years and I said yes. It doesn't matter what age the group is, as long as the twins have the opportunity to mingle around and have some activities.
So last Thursday, Maha invited me to go to the playgroup session near her house in Frankfurt Hoescht. So there I met another 5 mommies - 1 from Malaysia, 2 from India, 1 from Ireland and another one is a German. The one from Malaysia, Mira is not actually a mother but a babysitter to her relative's children. I met her before several time during some occasions but we hardly talk those time. So at the playgroup, I had the chance to know Mira better.
The playgroup began by singing ´How are you´song and then some other children´s songs that sang with some acts and imitations which the children enjoyed so much. Then Maha gathered all mommies and children on the table and by using flash cards, she introduced vegetables and fruits to the children. And this week, mommies were requested to bring some real fruits and vegetables so the children can have hands-on experience and be able to identify them.

Flash cards session
Then the children were allowed to play with the toys together while mommies were having tea break. Although we mommies tried to have some conversation while the kids playing, it was darn difficult as it was so noisy and some mommies trying to control their kids from dangerous acts or fighting.
After that, we all worked on the craft project. It was making the lion using the painted palm but as the twins had done this when they went to the open day last weekend, Maha gave them another project - making snake.

Our snakes done!!!
After craft, we cleaned up everything and we had another game. The children were to stand on one side of the room and mommies sat across them. Then by the count of 3, the children were to run to their respective mummy. And boy, did they love this! Because they can run and scream at the same time!
And then we had another round of singing and then saying good bye to each other.
After class, Maha invited me to her house, which was just a walking distant from the Familienbildung centre. She wanted to pass some of the children books she got from the Book Fair last month and coffee from Malaysia. She´s very nice. and I really appreciate the books because English books are expensive here. I spent an hour at her house, sipping coffee, talking stuffs and admiring her house´s interior - looks vey much like IKEA showrooms!
There is another playgroup Maha wanted me to go on next Monday. It belongs to another group of mommies and being held in Sachsenhausen. So Maha said after I´ve tried both groups, I can decide which group I would like to join. But the one in Hoescht is actually going to finish soon, with only 2 sessions left. The one in Sachsenhausen at least has 5 more sessions to go.I´ll see how is it...
2 comments:
Alhamdulilah.. Tentu kembar seronok dapat berkumpul bersama kawan2 baru kan,dan dapat idea baru and good for you Neny juga coz boleh berbual dengan kawan2 baru. Mcm2 topik boleh dibual kan dari hal anak2 sampailah ke hal reseipi2 masakan mereka. Kak Azi suka.
tu la, motif adalah supaya sikembar ada kwn, tp umi dia pon dpt kwn2 jugak..ngeeee.
Post a Comment