Pages

Friday, March 21, 2008

An Accident

I saw an accident this morning while driving to work. It just happened when I arrived there. There was a body lying motionlessly in the middle of the road. Some people have stopped their vehicles to check and so did I. It appeared that the accident was between a Wira and a motorbike and the body I saw was the motorbike rider and it was a woman. Alhamdullilah, she was alive and conscious. I heard someone called police and asked for ambulance to come. I wanted to go near the woman but few people already surrounded her. A lady standing next to me mentioned that the woman was probably suffered fractured legs, that's why she couldn't move. There was a cut on her forehead, but she wasn't bleeding too much. I hope her injuries are not critical. Poor her....she must be on her way to work cause she was wearing some sort of work uniform.

The accident happened at the four-junction road and apparently the traffic light was out of order. The woman was crossing the main road when she was hit by the Wira. The Wira driver was telling people that he didn't notice the woman crossing. Well, this is a two-lane road, basically it looks like highway but the traveling speed allowed is only 90km/hr. I drive through this road everyday, so I know some people don't stick to 90km/hr. They just go faster! He probably was driving too fast, he couldn't avoid hitting the woman. On the other hand, the woman must have misjudged on whether it was safe or not for her to cross, maybe. Anyway, it has happened......

As there was nothing I could do, I decided to leave and prayed that the woman will be all right. Looking at her old motorbike sprawling in the middle of the road, her packed food spread all over, I wondered what kind of life the woman has. Is she a single mother? Or if not, does her family depend on her income? If she couldn't work later, how is it? Does she has any insurance to help her in this mishap?

Still thinking about the woman........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aku pun seriau kalau tgk org bawak motor ... macam senang jer kena gesel dgn pemandu tak cekap macam aku nih

Zara in Germany said...

aku pnah tgk gak...ada bas atas divider..tgk2 ada org bwh bas antara bas and divider tu...aku ingat mmg penyet and gone casela...still leh nampak lagi topi apek tu...