I had a chat with a fellow colleague this afternoon. He works for the main contractor as a contract staff but since we are working for the same project and he always liaise with me for the progress claim purpose (he's a quantity surveyor, based in JB), sometimes we talk on personal stories as well.
Few weeks ago, he told me that he was under lots of pressure. This guy is very young, even younger than me. I think his age could be around 27/28 years if I'm not mistaken. Married with 3 children, aged 1, 2 and 3 years old and the wife is not working. He said he was facing the possibility to be retrenched because the company is going to be downsized . And at the same time the wife was admitted to the hospital, suspected to have bone cancer.
So today when I asked him about his wife, he said the wife is indeed diagnosed with bone cancer! I was speechless, really didn't know what to say to him. He looked calm and still managed to smile. He said the wife now is at home, will undergo an operation as part of the treatment. Currently, she's taking care all their kids. During her stay in the hospital, the kids were separated, each taken care by different relatives coz they do not have parents or parents-in-laws who could take care all 3 kids together.This guy, with his job at jeopardy, the wife with cancer and taking care 3 small children, with little help from close family. So sad, huh? And I couldn't imagine how is the wife coping with the news. She must be feeling down and sad. And I feel really sorry for them.
I don't know whether other colleagues know about this. And I don't know whether it's the right thing or not to convey the news to others. But I'm thinking, if more people know, maybe we could help. Maybe we can start doing money collection, give moral support or something. He's going to need lots of money with the treatment and family matters. And he must be in despair, worrying about lots of things.
This is life....maybe this is a test from Allah to him and his family. And also to us, to understand the meaning of qada' and qadar. Test like this could happen to any of us, to see how strong we are and how redha we to accept faith like like this. I'm trying to get more info from DN on his wife's condition and the financial situation. Maybe we can help him in certain ways, cant we?
To DN, I pray that you and your wife are strong enough to face all these challenges and I pray that your dear wife, though I don't know her will get a cure from this cancer she's having. To my blogger friends, let us pray together for this family.
Few weeks ago, he told me that he was under lots of pressure. This guy is very young, even younger than me. I think his age could be around 27/28 years if I'm not mistaken. Married with 3 children, aged 1, 2 and 3 years old and the wife is not working. He said he was facing the possibility to be retrenched because the company is going to be downsized . And at the same time the wife was admitted to the hospital, suspected to have bone cancer.
So today when I asked him about his wife, he said the wife is indeed diagnosed with bone cancer! I was speechless, really didn't know what to say to him. He looked calm and still managed to smile. He said the wife now is at home, will undergo an operation as part of the treatment. Currently, she's taking care all their kids. During her stay in the hospital, the kids were separated, each taken care by different relatives coz they do not have parents or parents-in-laws who could take care all 3 kids together.This guy, with his job at jeopardy, the wife with cancer and taking care 3 small children, with little help from close family. So sad, huh? And I couldn't imagine how is the wife coping with the news. She must be feeling down and sad. And I feel really sorry for them.
I don't know whether other colleagues know about this. And I don't know whether it's the right thing or not to convey the news to others. But I'm thinking, if more people know, maybe we could help. Maybe we can start doing money collection, give moral support or something. He's going to need lots of money with the treatment and family matters. And he must be in despair, worrying about lots of things.
This is life....maybe this is a test from Allah to him and his family. And also to us, to understand the meaning of qada' and qadar. Test like this could happen to any of us, to see how strong we are and how redha we to accept faith like like this. I'm trying to get more info from DN on his wife's condition and the financial situation. Maybe we can help him in certain ways, cant we?
To DN, I pray that you and your wife are strong enough to face all these challenges and I pray that your dear wife, though I don't know her will get a cure from this cancer she's having. To my blogger friends, let us pray together for this family.
5 comments:
neny....sedihnya aku baca entry ni....aku faham apa yg kawan kau tu rasa....my sympathy to her wife....
eh neny, cene ko kenal adzue ah? dia schoolmate aku kat stf dulu...rapatla...
semoga kawan kau tabah menghadapinya
aku doakan yg terbaik
Salam Neny...
I personally think you have made a right decision. I salute you for taking your health some priority. Alhamdulillah.
About your friend's wife, my heart goes out to him and his family. I'll do'a too for them. May Allah mudahkan urusan dan beri keuatan pada mereka. Aamiiin.
Yes, it's good to alert others of your friend's plight. Bkn minta simpati tapi do'a and sokongan yg lain membantu memberi kekuatan juga.
I like you blog. Keep on writing.
Take care and cheers.
Post a Comment