Pages

Monday, March 31, 2008

Tag: 5 Embarrasing Moments

I've been tagged by Zara on 5 embarrassing moments in your life. Thanks Zara, I will not complain anymore on not being tagged...hahaha.

I think I have a lot embarrassing moments, it's just a matter how vivid I remember those moments. Ok, let's see whether I can remember at least 5:

1. Trapped outside my own hotel room

It happened when I was working outstation last year in Kedah. After checked-in, I went straight to my room and called the housekeeping asking for iron and ironing board. Shortly after that, a hotel staff came to pass me the things and mentioned that once I've done my ironing, all I need to do was to put the things outside my room and he will come and collect them. Most of the time, I would take bath first, do whatever necessary things first, then only I would do the ironing. But that day, I was so exhausted, I just wanted to go to sleep after taking bath, so I was thinking it is better I finish the ironing works first before I become so lazy.

When I 've done with ironing , I put the iron and the board outside my room as told. But when I leaned the board to the wall, it fell to the floor. So I leaned forward to make the board stand, without realizing that I actually had moved outside my room, and the door closed!There I was, barefooted and no tudung. Luckily I was still dressed in my working attire...can't imagine if I've changed into the hotel kimono or worst, my kelawar dress.

I was a bit panic, but noticed at the end of the corridor, near the elevator, there was a telephone. My room situated at the other end of the corridor from the telephone, so while running to the telephone, I was hoping that no one would come out or in from/into their rooms. Once I got to the phone, I immediately called lobby but to make things worse, the person who answered my called was unable to hear me. I dialed several times and still she couldn't hear me. I was on the verge going down to the lobby myself despite that I was barefooted and uncovered head. But thinking I would bumped into my other colleagues (all guys!), and they would make fun on my situation and probably spread the news to my other officemates, I made my final attempt calling the lobby again.

And I was jumping when the lady on the other line said in her northern accent loudly to somebody " X, hang pi tgk sat apa masalah kat Tingkat Y, org ni dok call byk kali tapi aku x dengaq apa2 pon" Finally she had some senses to figure out there was a problem up there!. I waited anxiously for somebody to come, and shortly, came a male hotel staff. I smiled sheepishly at him, and explained what had happened. He just smiled and headed to my room, with me tiptoed behind him and unlocked the room.

So, you guys (especially ladies) remember to dress decently when you stay in a hotel room. Maybe you would not locked yourself outside the room like I did, but who knows you will have to clear the building due to fire or earthquake.

2. Fell in a bus

I think this is quite common. It happened to me several times but the most embarrassing was when I was in Form 3. I used to take the public bus after school as I always late and couldn't catch my school bus. Actually I hated taking public bus because it was always crowded with people and I hated some bunch of boys from my school who would disgustingly flirted with us (me and some other my girl friends).

When the bus arrived (which would take very long time waiting for it!), we would be fighting to get into the bus
(so uncivilized, huh?) or else the bus will be too crowded and you couldn't board and have to wait for the next one to come. Most of the time the boys would get into the bus first and hanging on the door way like monkeys and when we girls managed to board, they made noise and flirted around. And it was difficult for us ( the girls) to stand in the moving bus, juggling our bags and books, and finding any holder to hung to, with boys so gatal around us. Most of the time, I just ignored them, and they would started calling me sombong, mcm cantik sgt and so forth. And one day, the bus somehow braked on emergency and I fell down on the bus floor, in front those boys that I resented so much! I was so embarrassed and nearly cried with the boys laughed hysterically. For many days after that, they kept teasing me on the accident. Huh! Stupid boys.

3. The boy I had crushed with, noticed my period stain

Oh! This was very embarrassing when it happened. I didn't realize that my period leaked and left a stain on my school uniform. My fault, I didn't lift up my baju kurung when I sit down. And this boy, he sat behind me in our chemistry lab (and whom I had crushed with, the first time I laid my eyes on him) called me and pointed about it with a sheepish smile. I was so embarrassed, and felt like running away and if possible didn't want to see the boy anymore. For many days, I tried to avoid this boy but since we were classmate, I finally got over the incident.

4. Wrong seat!!!

I had a date with an older ( way so older!) guy when I was in Shah Alam college, whom I met since high school but didn't really like him. Though I treated him coldly, he still made attempt to befriend with me and I couldn't run away because his brother is my elder sister's friend and he would follow his brother to my house every raya and constantly called me at my house. I finally agreed to go out with him shortly after breaking up with my first boyfriend (ala2 tensen masa ni...). As this was the first time going out with him, I was so nervous though I didn't like him. He came to pick me up at my college and when I approached him he was standing outside his car. I didn't know what was wrong with me, but I went straight into the car and sat on the driver's seat. Until he asked, did I want to drive, then only I have realized that I have sat on the wrong side. Malu! Malu!

That was the only time I went out with that guy, after that I told him straight that I was not interested, and I wanted to concentrate on my study (hahaha.....iyo lah tu!).

5. Reading poem in school assembly (because I got punished!)...and tried to adjust myself in a sophisticated place....err..school.

This was when I studied in Form1, BBGS. I hated this school for its weird school rules like you must not have any label printed on the school shoes (you have to peel it off from the shoes) you must tie your hair complete with ribbons (and only 3 colours allowed: blue, black and white). And the prefects going around the school like cops, always scrutinized you when you passed by them. And since I went to BBGS as Yayasan Selangor's sponsored student, came from small hometown and stayed in hostel, I found those rules were ridiculous. And worse, the school practiced wide English usage around the school (yeah, it was one of most prestigious school in KL) and my English at that time was so poor, I couldn't understand most of the things spoken by other sophisticated students especially the prefects. I remember one of the prefect found it so amusing that I couldn't understand her words. And she made fun of me in front of her and my friends. That time I think, those people always looked at us from Yayasan Selangor and Semai Bakti students were second-grade students.

And I got punished on the first month I was there because despite the first warning (or so the prefect said!), I still failed to eliminate the 'Pallas' label on my shoes. Actually I thought by applying the shoe white to hide the label was enough, but once the shoes exposed to the water, it went off. Yeah, I was stupid, I didn't know that I should peel off the label by using a knife or something. Because of that the prefect said I had to be punished. At first she wanted me to write an English essay which title I couldn't recall. But she changed her mind and said I must read a poem (of course in English) in our weekly assembly. I gaped horribly at the idea, knowing so much I would failed miserably, with my terrible pronunciations and stage fright.

I wanted to call sick on the assembly day but I knew as long as I attend the school, I couldn't get away from the punishment. Luckily I was to choose my own poem so a friend of mine, understanding my condition, helped. We chose a short and easy poem for me to read. When the day came, I trembled and scared. Funny is, when my name was called, I received applause. The announcing teacher didn't say anything about me being punished. I was floating while reading the poem, didn't even know whether I pronounced words correctly but I was so sure my voice was trembling. I received another applause once I've finished.

Those friends from my hostel, was amazed that I got the guts to go on the stage and read poem without knowing that I was actually got punished....hahaha (see, students from my hostel were not outstanding when it comes to stage things). I told them the truth anyway.

I stayed in the school for only a year, and after so much begging to my parents, I finally came out from there and stayed with my family. Well, being a grown up now, I have to admit though it was a painful moments but I've figured out that moments actually a learning process in growing up. Now I cherish those moments.

Wow! This is a long entry, it seems. Anyone else want to do this? Adah, Are-T, Linda, Dal, care to write something on this?


2 comments:

Zara in Germany said...

wow nampak pallas pun kna denda ker? isk3

Neny said...

Tu sbb aku ckp rules dia bodoh...