As I mentioned in my previous entry, my family and I went for a short vacation in Genting Highlands recently. We arrived there on Tuesday morning, the weather was good and breezy. Upon arrival, we went
to the hotel first (I booked online a double deluxe room in Theme park Hotel), to see whether it is possible for us to check-in first although it was still early (it was 11.00 am). And yes, we could check-in coz there was an empty room for us. See, when you take a best deal promotion package, they give you many conditions to comply. In my case, they said I need to check-in before 6pm, or else I will have to pay the normal rate. So if we didn't check-in early, we would have to come out from the theme park early to do check-in. And with this promotion, I paid RM78.80 for the hotel room complete with breakfast when the normal rate is RM130. Isn't that worthy?I was very satisfied with the room condition. Though it was not very spacious but the room was comfy enough for the four of us.
After we have seen the room, we went straight to the outdoor theme park which is situated just next to the Theme Park Hotel. Now the entrance fee for an adult is RM36 for outdoor theme park when I remember the last time I came here in 2003 was at somewhere around Rm 25-27. What to say, 2003 is 5 years ago, huh? We thought we didn't have to pay for the twins, but the entry fee is based on the height. Any child above 90 cm at height is required to pay and when we measured them, Nabihah stood at 97 cm. Luckily Nabilah is still below 90cm so she could go F.O.C.
The first thing we rode was the double decker carousel. I would not have imagine to ride on this when I was single. Then we went around riding all games meant for family. Somehow, dear cik HB felt like riding on the Space Shot and he did. He still felt thrilled and asked whether I want to try or not. I said no, I didn't feel like to. We off to Dinosourland where we will ride a boat and there will be a simulation show of dinosaurs. While waiting for our turn (it was quite a long queue despite it was weekday), the weather has somewhat became so cloudy and foggy. When the next boat came, it was drizzling but we were still allowed to ride in the boat. But it was then raining so heavily, we just couldn't sit on the boat benches. And luckily shortly after that we entered the cave where they had the simulation show. By the time the show finished and we were sent back to the starting point, the rain has became heavier and we were stranded there. It was around 1.30 pm, we were so hungry and cold. Luckily I brought sandwiches, cheese and cookies, so we could feed the twins.
When the rain has stopped, we quickly ran to the nearest fast food restaurant, and had our lunch there. Since the Spinner located in front of the Mary Brown where we had lunch, I thought of riding it. It was so excited to see p
We finally came out from the outdoor theme park at 5 pm. It was a good thing that we had the hotel room to rest because if it was a one-day trip, I'm sure it will be very exhausting to drive back to Melaka. We got up to our room, took bath, rested and went out again at 8 pm to venture the other places of Genting. We headed to First World Plaza where you can find various of food outlets and bazaars and also the indoor theme park. But do take note on the price, ok. Things are bit expensive here compare to the price downlands.
We thought of eating something Malaysian (nasi la of course!) for dinner since we had the fast food for lunch. But the local cuisines are operated by non-muslims with no halal logo appear anywhere. So we decided to have our dinner at Pizza Hut. Then we just went around surveying the plaza. There's Ripley's Believe It or Not exhibition but the entry fee is RM25 which for me is expensive. We surveyed the indoor theme park games and thought that we'll come again on another vacation to try out these games (If you come to Genting with family of small kids, I suggest not to take the 'all parks' ticket coz you wouldn't have enough time to try all games at all parks in one day, especially on peak seasons).
We came back to hotel room at 10 pm feeling so tired. On our way back to hotel (Theme Park Hotel located about 15 minutes walking distant from First World Plaza - my rate, ok!) the girls refused to walk so we had to carry them. Though they were tired, they didn't sleep immediately after we reached our room. They still had the energy to jump on the bed and really tested my patience.
The next day, the girls woke up quite early so I bathed them and we went to the buffet breakfast at the hotel's restaurant. I felt like being in Taiwan, and HB felt like he's in Thailand coz we were the only Malays, surrounded by mostly Chinese, Indians (from India, mind you!), and foreigners. We checked-out from the hotel at 10 am and were thinking to ride on the cable car. We made of mistake by parking our car in First World Hotel when the Genting SkyWay is located near the Genting Hotel. Luckily while walking thru First World Plaza we found Genting map and realized that we shouldn't park our car there. We drove to Genting Hotel and managed to find the Genting Skyway. Now the fee of the cable car is RM5. It used to be RM3 something back in 2003. Everything is increased now, it seems.
So here the video clip when we rode in the Genting Skyway
The twins enjoyed the cable car ride. We straight went back to Melaka after that two-way cable car ride. I'm glad we went for this get-away. At least it made me feel better though it was very exhausting. And no doubt, coming home I will have to face the dirty clothes and a messy house.
So, if you are looking for a low-budget vacation in Genting Highlands, here are some tips I would like to share:
1. Before you go, visit the official Genting website (http://www.genting.com.my/) . Get info on the hotel rates and any promotions. And do your reservation online. Trust me, buying thru online is much cheaper than the other ways and make sure you check the date you wish to book. Rates are cheaper on low season. And check for best deals which they offer room and breakfast. If you are not into the 5-stars hotels (hey, I told you for low budget only), you could choose either Theme Park Hotel or the First World Hotel. I found Theme Park Hotel is quite a satisfaction but I don't know about First World.
Theme park ticket is also cheaper by RM2 if you buy online.
2. Things are expensive up there. So bring enough necessities like your tooth brush or tooth paste. And bring enough snacks and drinking water. A 1.5 litre mineral water will cost you RM4! So plan wisely.
3. If you are going there on the peak season or you have small kids with you, I suggest not to buy the 'all-park' ticket. It may looks like it is much cheaper if you buy for all three parks (outdoor, indoor and water) for one day pass but trust me, you wouldn't have enough time to enjoy all the rides. On peak season the queues are very long and if you have kids, well...you know stuff with kids, right?
4. For those with kids, make sure you always have their sweater in your bag. Cause the weather is very unpredictable, it could be so hot at one time, but cold next.
3 comments:
I've never been in Genting Highlands. It really looks a great place for a family vacation. The good thing aside from you can relax here, is that there is a place where the kids could enjoy
bestnya vacation..been there once...masa tu takde budak lagi...best haha. klu angkut kanak2 mesti penat kan...
FTDUS: Yes, Genting is a fun place to go. But I'm sure in US, the theme parks are more exciting and bigger than here.
Zara: Kalau ko angkut budak, jgn pegi time peak season. Nanti x leh enjoy. Aku n famili plan nak gi lg some other time, nak try indoor theme park pulak...hahahah
Anyway, ko dpt tak email dr aku, satu yg pink_mushroom n satu lagi yg kat yahoo.uk tu?
Post a Comment