I was feeling unwell on last Friday and decided to take medical leave. It wasn't like I couldn't get up , but I was feeling dizzy and miserable. So I wouldn't take risk by driving on long distant. I went to the doctor that I did my pap smear with. If I'm looking for the unpaid medical service, I could go to any cik HB's panel clinics but I had enough with these ridiculous clinics, so I'd rather paying myself for the clinic that I prefer. Anyway, I can claim for the bill with my company later.
I told doctor my problem and also informed her about my cranky menstrual cycle since couple of months ago. My colleague told me, irregular menstrual cycle could also be a sign of being pregnant. The doctor said that was probably right so she performed a scan to see whether I've conceived or what (though being pregnant is the last thing in my mind!). She showed me the screen and informed that I'm not pregnant and nothing is abnormal inside my womb (phew! lega...). Then she took my bp level and it read 132/79. Yeay! My bp level has gone down and almost normal (range of normal 110-120/70-80). So my effort in eating oatmeal for breakfast has shown some good progress. Another yeay!!!!
So if there is nothing wrong with me why do I feel so unhealthy and what is that with regular dizziness, headache and cranky menstrual cycle? So I had a long chat with this doctor on this matter. She told me one thing " if u do not want a thief to enter your house, go get good security system for protection". So same thing goes with your body. If you do not want to have health problems, get nutritious, functional food, enough exercise and lead a happy life. Yeah, I guess everybody knows this but how many really cares to follow the health regime? The doctor told me that she herself though a doctor started taking care of herself at the age 35. And I was surprised, I thought she was in her 30's. So I asked her age, and she told me she's reaching 45. Wow! She doesn't look like one, she has slim figure and younger look. I was absolutely jealous with her.
She said it wasn't easy and she got to change because she had various health problems (see, even a doctor can fall sick). She had insomnia, once she had not slept for a week and she was feeling weak. At the same time, her mother was getting diabetes. So she started living healthily and it involves taking good food, drinking well treated water (do you know that our tap water is not that safe?). She's taking these Zhulian packed food (like protein drink, powder or something) coz she doesn't have time to prepare nutritious food on her own due to her tight schedule. Her mother also takes some of these food to control her diabetes. And after few months taking it, she said her mother's sugar level had dropped to normal and it keeps that way until today. She herself feels more energetic and healthier. She still taking those foods but the cost is very expensive. For her alone, it costs her Rm700++. Wow, I surely couldn't afford that.
But she said, I'm not to worry, as long as I watch over what eat (look out for functional food, select brilliant food with anti-oxide elements) , eat in controlled portion (hah! this is my main problem!), try do regular exercise and minimize stress, and I'm on the right track. I'm glad that had this chat, cause even though I could get these infos from the Net, the awareness is different from listening to a doctor who has proved herself correct. I'm planning to do a full medical check up to see how is my cholesterol level, sugar level and so forth with this doctor later.
And can you imagine how much I had to pay with the scan, long consultation and some medicine prescription? It was only RM16!!!.
I told doctor my problem and also informed her about my cranky menstrual cycle since couple of months ago. My colleague told me, irregular menstrual cycle could also be a sign of being pregnant. The doctor said that was probably right so she performed a scan to see whether I've conceived or what (though being pregnant is the last thing in my mind!). She showed me the screen and informed that I'm not pregnant and nothing is abnormal inside my womb (phew! lega...). Then she took my bp level and it read 132/79. Yeay! My bp level has gone down and almost normal (range of normal 110-120/70-80). So my effort in eating oatmeal for breakfast has shown some good progress. Another yeay!!!!
So if there is nothing wrong with me why do I feel so unhealthy and what is that with regular dizziness, headache and cranky menstrual cycle? So I had a long chat with this doctor on this matter. She told me one thing " if u do not want a thief to enter your house, go get good security system for protection". So same thing goes with your body. If you do not want to have health problems, get nutritious, functional food, enough exercise and lead a happy life. Yeah, I guess everybody knows this but how many really cares to follow the health regime? The doctor told me that she herself though a doctor started taking care of herself at the age 35. And I was surprised, I thought she was in her 30's. So I asked her age, and she told me she's reaching 45. Wow! She doesn't look like one, she has slim figure and younger look. I was absolutely jealous with her.
She said it wasn't easy and she got to change because she had various health problems (see, even a doctor can fall sick). She had insomnia, once she had not slept for a week and she was feeling weak. At the same time, her mother was getting diabetes. So she started living healthily and it involves taking good food, drinking well treated water (do you know that our tap water is not that safe?). She's taking these Zhulian packed food (like protein drink, powder or something) coz she doesn't have time to prepare nutritious food on her own due to her tight schedule. Her mother also takes some of these food to control her diabetes. And after few months taking it, she said her mother's sugar level had dropped to normal and it keeps that way until today. She herself feels more energetic and healthier. She still taking those foods but the cost is very expensive. For her alone, it costs her Rm700++. Wow, I surely couldn't afford that.
But she said, I'm not to worry, as long as I watch over what eat (look out for functional food, select brilliant food with anti-oxide elements) , eat in controlled portion (hah! this is my main problem!), try do regular exercise and minimize stress, and I'm on the right track. I'm glad that had this chat, cause even though I could get these infos from the Net, the awareness is different from listening to a doctor who has proved herself correct. I'm planning to do a full medical check up to see how is my cholesterol level, sugar level and so forth with this doctor later.
And can you imagine how much I had to pay with the scan, long consultation and some medicine prescription? It was only RM16!!!.
4 comments:
Risau jugak kan neny..bila kita penat tanpa sebab...aritu aku pun mcm hang gak..skg pun masih..tp aku tau...tu sumer sebab kita tension.....so, aku ada baca entry kau nak p genting....go for it...
Aku selalu berangan-angan nak amalkan pemakanan sihat.. tapi kenapa semua makanan yg sedap2 tak sihat. Mengapa dunia begitu kejam??
heheheheh....lawak la ko dal....
Are-T : Aku baru je balik dr bercuti kat genting utk 2 ari. Will write N3 about it.
Dal: Mmg susah Dal nak tahan selera mkn. Tapi bila aku fikirkan risiko penyakit, aku kuatkan semangat. Buat masa ni berkobar2 la. Harap2 boleh kekalkan.
Post a Comment