Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Malaysian Drivers Sucks!!!!

Sounds very annoyed, am I? That's what happens when you drive 240 km a day. The more I drive the more I agree that Malaysian drivers are the worst drivers in the world....sounds like I have travelled around the globe to jump up at this conclusion. Of course I haven't, I have only been to Taiwan and Thailand but isn't that spelled out everywhere n look at the accidents rate...Malaysia is among the top.

To travel from Melaka to Yong Peng, I will use either the trunk road or the hi-way. Of course hi-way is the fastest way for me to get to work but it is also expensive. So if I'm in no hurry the trunk road will be my option.

Here are the things I hate about driving on the trunk road:
  • Reckless drivers whom overtake without consideration whether it is safe or not. Come the hilly roads, sharp corners, you still find some crazy drivers do it. Funny is, whenever I bumped into these drivers overtaking on my lane from opposite direction and I beam them to tell them "hey, don't u see me?", they beam back to me. What? Are you annoyed? I'm the one who supposed to be annoyed cause it is my way.
  • Selfish drivers who don't bother to give signal telling which direction their going or they are changing lane. On two lanes road, when there is a car moving so slow on the left lane, the trailing car behind try to change to the right lane without giving signal. They just try to squeeze in even though the car on right lane is approaching very closely. I hate this too when I am in the car on the right lane. I don't mind giving way but give SIGNAL please!!!
  • People who drive car at 40km/hr doing the sight seeing I guess....
Driving on the hi-way? Only one thing I hate.... I stick to 110km/hr when I drive on the hi-way. First, it's the speed limit allowable on the hi-way. Second, I only drive Kembara and Kembara can't run so fast. At 120km/hr, it shakes terribly. And I always stick to the left lane unless I have to overtake vehicles ahead that speeding at slower rate than mine. So when there are lorries in front of me, of course I will overtake but I make sure there is no car approaching from the right lane...unless I'm confident enough that the approached car moves slow. Sometimes when you overtake it's not only one lorry but few of them, but then suddenly there's a car behind beaming at you as a signal "Move Away!" (you name it...mercs, BMW, Honda, even a Wira does this!) Hey, can't you see that I'm driving on the right lane because I need to overtake the lorries and I'm travelling at 110 km/hr, even trying to push it to 120km/hr cause I'm trying to get away from this lane. I know your car can run so fast, maybe you are running it at 160/180 km/hr . But then can't u just wait until I finish overtaking the lorries? How do you expect I squeeze in between the lorries just to give way to you? I could cause an accident, man!
It's so arrogant when they keep beaming and stay behind as close as possible to your car. "Are you trying to kiss me?" If I have to brake my car under emergency, I'm sure I can't avoid accident to happen.

So, for those who happen to read my post, and if you a driver too, I'm calling for all of us to change our driving attitudes. Please be considerate, the roads is for everybody to use. And remember patience is a virtue. Stick to it, ok!

1 comments:

-dal- said...

tidak syak lagi...:)