Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Journey to the East - Part II

Our balik kampung trip this time is not fun at all. My hb still not fully recovered from fever and the fever virus has spread to my twins later on. So we can't enjoy our normal routine whenever we are in KB. Most of the time, when we are in KB, jalan-jalan at PCB or Pantai Irama and eat colek is a must (Colek is a term used there for fried seafood sold at the stalls). And I also would love to go to Pasar Siti Khadijah to buy some keropok and other snacks. And to MPKB to buy new tudung. But not this time. We only went to my hb's cousin's wedding on Saturday.

Then Sunday, we headed off to Melaka. Thought of leaving as early as 6.30 am coz we were worried on the heavy traffic jam. But as usual, MIL insisted that we must have our breakfast first and bring the lunch pack together. So we left at about 8 am. From KB to Gua Musang, the traffic was smooth. So as from Gua Musang to Raub. We stopped at Jeram Besu near Kuala Lipis for lunch. At Raub, there was a minor traffic jam but still ok. We stopped at Masjid Bentung for prayers and queue in the ladies toilet was so long, I think it took me half an hour in the queue before I finally able to use the toilet. This is one thing I hate about travelling in the festive seasons.

Off to Karak Highway, the traffic was heavy with cars coming from Kuantan and Bentung directions but still not so bad as the cars were still moving though very slow. We reached KL at 5.30 pm and dropped my sister in law at her house in Wanga Maju. Then we proceed to Melaka. I was hoping by 7.30 pm we will reach Melaka. Sure the PLUS traffic towards south is smooth as people were heading towards KL. But wrong! After Bangi exit, going towards Bandar Mahkota, the traffic was so heavy, and it was bumper-to-bumper jammed. I didn't know how long we were moving so slowly, but only after Senawang exit, the traffic smooth. However, as we going to miss Maghrib coz it was already 8.20 pm, we have to stopped at Ayer Keroh R&R first to do prayers. And finally at 9.30 pm, feeling so energy drained, we have arrived home. So basically we were on the road for 13.5 hours...what a journey!

I guess, if money is not an issue, travelling by air would be my option. I couldn't bear the long journey, but still I have to go thru it as I'm married to my husband, and his family comes as a package :).

1 comments:

areT said...

journey kau ni dah mcm ala2 jungle tracking plak......heheheheh