Time to log in the weight!
It's 69kg! Yes! sudah turun dr angka 70....
Dari segi berat not much tapi saya rasa seluar dan baju sudah sedikit longgar. And today I'm wearing blouse lama (x la lama nau but the blouse was very tight few months back selepas D&C).
I took a selfie photo of myself...I am very concious about doing selfie
tapi letak kat blog ok sikit kot rasanya compare ngan letak kat FB....hehehe.
I think muka saya sudah kurang tembam sikit kot!
Oh, by the way, nak share a video from Youtube about weight issues.
It's called "Way Beyond Weight"
It's a documentary about how kids nowadays are being overweight or obese and having various adult diseases like diabetes Type 2, hypertension, high-cholesterol etc.
Bayangkan la semuda 3 thn dah dpt diabetes Type 2!
And it's all because eating too much of processed foods, fast-foods, consumed a lot sugar, carbohydrate, imbalanced diet, and not being active.
The case study mostly done in Brazil, where about 30% children are obese.
30%!!!!
Mostly like McDonald's, Coca-cola, potato chips, candies.....
Don't even know the name of vegetables, don't like taste of vegetables and fruits....
I have to admit, it is very difficult to eat healthily. In our modern world today, processed food is much cheaper and convenient compares to fresh food. You really have to make efforts if you want you and your family to eat healthily.
I'm glad we have now boycott McDonald's. Thanks to Israel-Palestine issue. If it just because of health issues, it would be difficult to convince the twins that we are no longer eating McDonald's.
Occasionally we still go to KFC and Pizza Hut but not as frequent as we used to eat McDonald's last time. Because McDonald's is the closest fast-food restaurant to our home, they have drive-thru and they offer more choices compares to KFC and Pizza Hut, so we used to frequent McDonald's. At least once a week.
And I'm also glad now KFC and Pizza Hut have the option to upgrade your drink from soda to non-soda drink if you buy their set meals. So that is what I'll do everytime buying KFC or Pizza Hut meals. At least less one unhealthy items.
And I'm trying to make the kids eat more fiber - vege and fruits. Except for Nabilah, who loves fruits and vegetables of all kinds, Nabihah and Insyirah are very picky about vege and fruits. Walaupun dari baby lagi saya dah introduced mcm2 sayur, still they become picky eater. I once tried buat fish and chips but the chips I used sweet potatoes, dipotong2 mcm fries. Tapi diorg sentuh sikit je. Cuba bagi the store-bought fries tu, laju je makan!
Same goes with process foods: the store-bought cookies, candies, ice-creams, sausages, nuggets...all kinds. I try to reduce where possible. I would try to do groceries shopping without the kids so I can choose wisely what to buy.
And if I have to take them along, I would limit the requests. Only one chocolate is allowed, and no chips, no jelly, no candies. And another thing I allow, is yogurt drink - Yakult ke or Vitagen ke....
Cookies pon just 1 small pack of Oreo or Chipsmore. And if they finish it off quickly...that's it...no more cookies for that week. Until the next groceries shopping la...itu pun kalau dapat ikut!
To totally omit these processed foods, I think it's too much for them. Takut nanti diorg akan beli senyap2. So I decided bagi la juga tapi dikawal la kadar pemakanannya.
And while they are eating the overdose sugary cookies, I would keep telling them that these foods are not good for your health, makan sikit2 boleh tapi tak boleh makan selalu.
Dan selalu juga tanya what they do with duit belanja. I forbid them to buy junk foods. Kat sekolah mmg tak jual tapi kat luar sekolah ramai je tukang jual. Tapi pesan berkali2 pon, ada masanya kantoi jugak makan junk foods. Sama la juga bila dapat birthday goodie packs - selalunya mmg dipenuhi dgn unhealthy junk foods yg byk bahan pewarna dan pengawet tah hapa2.
It's a long, continuous process to educate kids with healthy foods. Even I, am still educating myself to eat healthily. There are times, you feel like you want to indulge into those unhealthy and most of the times you just do it, but you know the consequences to it. So ada rasa bersalah la jugak.
So berusaha la! Utk masa depan yg sihat, Insyaallah.

4 comments:
Like!!!! Tapi vitagen manis sgt2 kan... compared to solivite. Tak pernah rasa sebelum ni... Dah terbeli 2 pack pulaknyer... Selalu beli solivite. A sudden change (request) to get vitagen. Ada juga less sweet vitagen, but it is 20 sen more expensive... piker balik kedekut betul saya, 20 sen pun berkire... for not thinking the long effect of consuming sweet drinks. Alhamdulillah they duly observed my advise on consuming max of 1 vitagen a day.
Noor: tu yg peliknya kat mesia ni, the healthier version lagi mahal. Padahal kalau kurang gula, patut lagi murah la kan?
neny..ko maintain cun....
Durra, photo can be deceiving sometimes ^_^.
Post a Comment