I don't know when I would ever come out with weight loss success story of my own....
I was down to 68kg, I was happy I got down below 70kg. I know it's not so much but getting the numbers down shows it's progressing.
But then I was challenged with the hospital stay.
Staying in the hospital for 5 days was really boring and the only place I could escape from the room is the hospital cafe. And the cafe did not help with my weight loss control as they have so much options of food. And they have delicious coffee too.
Being in the room, and due to boredom, I munched on something. I really lost control.
Out from hospital, my eating plan still haywire. I gave excuses to myself, there's no proper healthy food in the house, I have no time to shop, etc. etc. I ended up eating the typical high-carb food options - white rice, fried mee....and in big portion!
Yesterday, I forced myself to step on the scale...
I am back to 70kg!!!!!!!!!!!!
Surprise? Nope...I did that to myself.
So today, I determined I would start again. I made dragon fruit juice for early breakfast. I made quinoa beans salad and packed it for lunch. Quinoa has been sitting in the kitchen cabinet for quite sometime and I kept giving excuse of not eating it because I have not bought the ingredients to make a quinoa salad.
Excuses no more...I cooked the quinoa, and I mixed it with boiled beans I already stored in the fridge few days ago. I cut some cherry tomato, ice-berg salad and diced some onions, toss it to mixture. Then add salt,pepper and squeezed half of lime for its juice and mix everything well.
I also brought two sachets of Jacob's oat biscuit for snacking.
In the office, I made a mug of oat-Horlick drink and another mug of green tea. And a bottle of 1L plain water which I target to finish it off by lunch time. I also logged in to WebMd and recorded what I've eaten.
12pm, I refilled 1L bottle plain water and ate my quinoa beans salad. It tasted quite good actually :).
As of now at 2pm, I made a mug of green tea and snacked on 2 pieces of Jacobs.
I also googled for more weight loss motivations and I found this nice blog called Mama Laughlin.
She was at 198lbs (90kg) and now she is at 135lbs (61kg) and loss the weight by eating right and doing exercise.
So she's my latest weight loss idol now :)
I am planning to go for a 30-min walk after work today. Let's see whether I could make it.
0 comments:
Post a Comment